Monday, March 14, 2005

CD [Ensign]

CHAINSKI05 - [Brad's MP3s No Rap]
Various Artists MP3 mix

Recently I purchased a new portable CD player. The buttons on my old one stopped working except for the play and pause button which was very annoying. So I went to Target and got a new one. Gladly I realized that for just a few bucks more I could get a player with the active use (jogging) anti-skip technology that I wanted and one that was capable of playing MP3s. Awesome.

Before I get to the CD, let me just start off with a little product soapboxing. Do not buy this product - GPX Portable CD/MP3 Player. It is a cheap product that skips even when moving at a slow walk. I had to take it back after a day of using it. It sucks.

I exchanged it for a more reputable brand that had everything I wanted - Panasonic's SL-SX450 Portable CD/MP3 Player. The product is great. Totally cool. It looks like a discus.

The great very great thing is the fact that this baby plays MP3s. You can fit and S-load of MP3s onto 1 disc. Very nice. I don't have the money yet to spend on an IPOD. So this is a nice compromise.

I asked the Corporal to burn me a disc of as many MP3s of his that he could. Corp has MP3s of all of his favorite songs on his laptop. The only thing I suggested was that he not include any rap, b/c I am still getting through the GRC [GREAT RAP COMPENDIUM] that Corp made for me.

The mix of MP3s on the CHAINSKI05 is tops. There are 229 tracks with the Corporal stamp of approval. There's oldies, newies, and A-lot of stuff from the very late 80s and early 90s. Among the surprises, as far as Corps musical tastes are concerned are Bob Dylan, Madonna, and Def Leopard.

[SEE THE PLAYLIST]